Aspire Academy is a special school catering for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs aged 5-11 years. All pupils at aspire have an Educational Health Care Plan.
The Aspire Team is made up of Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Higher Level Teaching Assistants, Behaviour Learning Mentors, a Wellbeing Counsellor, a Pastoral Support Co-coordinator, office staff and Site Manager. All staff work together to ensure the school is a safe and happy learning environment where pupils feel supported, valued and receive the best possible education. The team is also supported by an external Speech Therapist, an Occupational Therapist, and not forgetting the school therapy dog ‘Loki’.
At Aspire, we strive to ensure that every pupil has access to outstanding teaching and learning. Our curriculum ensures that pupils receive a broad and balanced education as well as many extra curricular opportunities such as school sports teams, after school clubs and the school choir. We expand pupils' cultural capital by providing relevant trips, workshops and visitors where possible.
In order to support pupils to take responsibility for their actions and make positive choices, the culture of ‘The ASPIRE way’ has been adopted across the school.
The Aspire Way:
- Achievement - To do your best and work hard to achieve success in all areas of school life
- Synergy - To work as a team and care for all members of our school community
- Perseverance - To be assertive, positive and have the determination to face challenges
- Independence - To have the confidence in your own ability to learn and grow
- Responsibility - To take ownership of our learning and our behaviours
- Equality - To ensure everyone is treated the same regardless of our differences
This website provides information about our school including policies and information about our educational offer.
Mrs Hopkins and Mrs Arkwright
Co-heads of Aspire Academy Bexley
Aspire Academy is part of London South East Academies Trust. For more information on the Trust, click here.